- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 15:45
Sharing Your Content and Information
- You own all of the content and information you post on this website. When you post such content you specifically grant a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use that content on this site.
- When posting articles, you also agree to allow links to those articles to be posted to the South East Crete Holidays Facebook and Twitter pages. These features are enabled by default, but you do have the option to disable them by selecting the 'Publish To' option and deselecting these services before you publish an article.
- You may delete your own photos and status updates. When you do so it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- You may also unpublish articles that you contribute, thus revoking this site's license to use them. In such cases the site retains the right to use your written contributions as a source for the site's own original articles. In order to preserve forum conversations you do not have the facility to delete your contributions to the forums.
- This site is designed to be a public forum, and all content you post here is publicly accessible, meaning that everyone, including unregistered users, can access and use that information, and associate it with you (i.e., your username and profile picture).
- Your feedback or other suggestions is always appreciated, but you understand that they may be used without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
Every effort is made to keep this website safe, but there can be no guarantees. In using this website you agree to adhere to the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam).
- Except for reputable search engine services, you will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access this website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on this website.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use this website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of this website such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Registration and Account Security
In registering an account on this website, you agree to adhere to the following commitments:
- You will accurately identify your affiliation to the Black Forest as either 'Business', 'Resident', or 'Visitor' in your account details.
- You will not provide any false personal information on this website, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one profile.
- If your account is disabled by an administrator, you will not create another one without permission from the site administrator.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use this website if you are under 13 years of age.
- You will not use this website if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting written permission from a site administrator.
- If you select a username for your account, you understand that it can be removed or reclaimed gby an administrator if appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
Protecting Other People's Rights
- You will not post content or take any action on this website that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- Any content or information you post on this site can be removed if an administrator believes that it violates this Statement.
- If you believe that any content on this website violates your copyright, please report it. All complaints will be reviewed and the appropriate action will be taken against copyright violations.
- If your content is removed for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe it has been removed by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, your account will be disabled.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on this website.
- If you contribute content to this site, you agree to help the site administrator combat fraud by allowing the IP address assigned to the computer from which you make the contribution to be logged at the time of the contribution, and stored against your username.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, access to all or part of this website may be denied to you - you will be notified by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have arising out of or relating to this Statement or this website exclusively in a court located in England, United Kingdom. The laws of England, United Kingdom will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in England, United Kingdom for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against the operator of this website related to your actions, content or information on this website, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- EVERY ATTEMPT IS MADE TO KEEP THIS WEBSITE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE THE OPERATORS OF THIS WEBSITE FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. THE OPERATOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE OPERATOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR WEBSITE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (£100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO THE OPERATOR OF THIS WEBSITE IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, THIS WEBSITE'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United Kingdom
Every effort is made to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but local laws are also fully respected. In contributing to this website you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding this website, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If any of this Statement is unenforced, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else.
- All rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by the website operator in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent compliance with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing this website.